Sunday, February 13, 2011

Opening Post

Hello & Welcome,

This is a project I've been working on for a few months and have invested well over 100 hours in. I created a Best of Franchise League with the all-star rosters for each team of the 30 current teams (however the Wash and LAA franchises have been given their proper names, Montreal and California). Additionally, I used the Negro League cards to create two Negro League All-Star teams to round out the tournament at a nice even 32 teams.

To create the teams and build the lineups/rotations/bullpens, I used a variety of sources (Rob Neyer, baseballreference.com, thebaseballpage.com and a few others). General rule of thumb - if a guy like Dave Winfield or Nolan Ryan could reasonably appear on more than one roster, I used either at bats or innings pitched and assigned that player to the team they appeared on the most.

30 man rosters, 17 hitters and 13 pitchers. Each team has a rotation and bullpen set up as well as default batting order vs. R and L.

This is being played using the 2009 CHD disk, the 2001 Negro League disk and the 2001 HOF disk. All player cards are from the 09 CHD set and their "Historical" card was used. However, if a player appeared in the HOF disk, then their HOF card was used.

This is the reason why I love SOM, creating these type of projects and hopefully you enjoy this.

By no means am I an expert on the 6th reliever out of the Astros bullpen, so if I missed someone or made a mistake, I'd love to know.

Thanks for following along,

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment